Wright awards recognize civilian ESC contributions|
Posted 10/14/2010 Updated 10/14/2010
by Daniel Koble
Battle Management Directorate, Mission Planning
10/14/2010 - HANSCOM AIR FORCE BASE, Mass. -- Editor's Note: The following article is the second of three in a series highlighting the Shiely, Wright and O'Neill awards, which will be announced on Nov. 10. This week's article focuses on the Wright award.
The Harold M. Wright Award is given annually to two Electronic Systems Center employees, recognizing those who have made outstanding contributions to ESC's mission. The award is given in honor of Harold M. Wright, the Electronic Systems Division commander's chief technical adviser from 1969 until his retirement in 1973.
The award is presented for two categories: GS-13 and below and GM/GS-14 and above and recognizes individuals who have performed above and beyond their task requirements and displayed dedication, objectivity and interest in helping others within their craft.
The Wright award recipients, along with those of the Shiely and O'Neill awards, will be announced at the awards banquet on Nov. 10 at the Minuteman Club starting at 6 p.m.
The guest speaker is retired Lt. Gen. Henry A. "Trey" Obering III. The event also includes dinner and entertainment. Tickets are $23 for club members and $25 for non-members. Tickets will be available through unit representatives. Registration can also be accomplished by accessing the link listed under the ESC CenterNet homepage "What's New" section.
Future articles in the Hansconian will address further details and information regarding the event.
Harold M. Wright Award finalists:
GM/GS-14 and above
· Alfred Bonoldi - ESC Staff
· Tracy Sheehan - Command, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Directorate
· John E. Kennedy - Battle Management Directorate
· Michael G. Therrien - Cyber/Netcentric Directorate
· Timothy C. Nixon - Enterprise Information Systems Directorate
GS-13 and below
· Susan Cunningham - ESC Staff
· Joseph "J.P." Peloquin - Command, Control, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Directorate
· Mark Lawrence - Battle Management Directorate
· Amy L. Smith - Cyber/Netcentric Directorate
· Gena Howard - Enterprise Information Systems Directorate
· Laurence R. McGraw - Enterprise Logistics Directorate