3/4/2011 - HANSCOM AIR FORCE BASE, Mass. -- The next 'Workforce Development Weeks' will begin March 21 and run through April 1.
Sessions to be offered will provide acquisition training, policy updates, core skills and operational perspectives for all Electronic Systems Center staff members, both at Hanscom and geographically separated units, organizers said.
Courses are intended to help the acquisition community adapt to the changing acquisition environment, create and reinforce a learning culture for personnel and equip them to be more effective in their jobs. A broad spectrum of acquisition related training courses encompassing most major functional disciplines will be offered.
The Development Weeks will include a two-day "Program Manager's Forum" sponsored by the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition. This forum will give ESC team members an opportunity to focus on core skills required to improve weapons system and services acquisition execution across all program executive officer portfolios.
In addition to a bevy of course that are routinely offered, highlights of the upcoming spring session will also include:
- "wInsight Earned Value Analysis Tool Training" and a new "Introduction to Earned Value Management" (Building 1728)
- "Scheduling Instruction Using MS Project" (Building 1728)
- "Organizing Your Office for Maximum Efficiency" (Building 1218)
- "The Freedom of Information Act" (Building1106)
- "Technical Evaluation for Sole Source Acquisition" (Building 1106)
- Twelve great courses in engineering (Building 1106)
- AFSO21 Courses (Building 1106)
All ESC employees are encouraged to attend as many of these classes as possible. Additional information about Workforce Development Weeks can be found, and registration can be accomplished, through ESC CenterNet. The registration deadline is March 21.
Acquisition personnel will earn continuous learning points for participating.