Apply for an Air Force Club scholarship|
Posted 6/2/2011 Updated 6/2/2011
6/2/2011 - HANSCOM AIR FORCE BASE, Mass. -- Every year, Air Force Services gives away $25,000 in scholarship money for higher education. All eligible club members and their families are encouraged to compete for the funds through a themed essay entry.
Current Air Force Club members and their family members, to include spouses, sons, daughters, stepsons and stepdaughters, who have been accepted by or are enrolled in an accredited college or university for entry during the fall of 2011 term as a part-time or full-time student are eligible.
Grandchildren who are dependents of the club member are also eligible. Student enrollment status may involve either undergraduate or graduate curriculum. For an entry form, to view last year's entries and for more information, log onto www.afclubs.net. Entry forms are also available at the Minuteman Club, Base Library, Fitness and Sports Center, Bowling Center and Airman and Family Readiness Center.
To enter, write and submit an essay on the topic "My Contribution(s) to the Air Force." Essays must be:
· One page, 500 words or less, excluding the title
· Typed in MS Word 12-point Arial or Times New Roman font
· Single-spaced with double-spacing between paragraphs
· One-inch top and bottom margins and 1.25 inch left and right margins
· Submitted on CD
Every package must include:
· CD containing essay with participants name, date and word count. Don't put Social Security Number on the disk.
· Entry form included in the brochure and photo copies will be accepted. Make sure all information marked with an asterisk is provided.
· Current college or university acceptance letter for new students or official transcripts for those already enrolled.
Essays not meeting the above parameters will be disqualified. Submit entries to the 66th Force Support Squadron, at Building 1305 on the second floor by close of business July 1. Final scholarship awards will be announced Sept. 16.