Flight and Operational Medicine Clinic
Published October 06, 2016
Location: Building 1900, 90 Vandenberg Dr.
There is no sick call for Flight and Operation Medicine (FOM). Personnel must schedule an appointment.
Clinic hours of operation: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 12 noon.
The 66th Medical Squadron is closed the first Friday of each month.
The FOM provides acute, routine and wellness primary care services by appointment to enrolled TRICARE Prime beneficiaries assigned to the Flight Physician as their primary care manager. Due to Hanscom's unique mission and location, we will see any active or inactive flyers in the New England area and sister services not enrolled to Hanscom per clinic availability. For initial flying class physicals, please see the contact email below to begin the process.
Technician services available during walk-in hours (8 to 10 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.)
- ECG, PFT’s, Visual Acuity’s, Color Vision, IOP’s for completions of Initial Flight Physical and annual Occupational Health requirements.
- Throat cultures
- Blood pressure checks
- Medication injections with a providers order
- Wart treatments with a providers order
- Staple/suture removal with a providers order
Available Services at Hanscom FOM
- Air Force Initial Flying Class physicals (No sister services unless enrolled to Hanscom)
- Annual AF Flight Physicals (for other military branches upon clinic availability)
- Routine Care for all personnel assigned to Flight Medicine
- Waiver renewals for personnel assigned to Flight Medicine
- PRP Administration Qualifications
- PSP medical reviews
- Occupational Health annual exams
- Pre-employment/NAF physicals
- Jump, and Halo physicals for all military branches.
- Dive physicals for Air Force and Army.
Services UNAVAILABLE at Hanscom FOMC
- Commissioning physicals
- Navy/Army Initial Flying Class physicals (unless enrolled to Hanscom)
- Provide care for the dependents of active/inactive flyers
FOM is now utilizing the MICare Secure Messaging system. Patients enrolled in this system have a secure way to communicate with their medical home via email.
All Initial Flying Applicants/Recruiters email us at:
(Updated October 2016)