Colonel Taona A. Enriquez is Commander, 66th Air Base Group, Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts. The group supports the Air Force acquisition mission, providing base, regional and readiness support for the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, three Program Executive Offices, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, a variety of other tenant organizations and a joint-service military housing community. The group also provides direct support to approximately 200 geographically separated units and approximately 130,000 retired military personnel, annuitants and spouses living in the six-state New England and New York area.
Col. Enriquez entered the Air Force in 2001 as a graduate of the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
Prior to her current position, Col. Enriquez was the Deputy Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom Air Force Base. In this position, she led a 500 person mission-focused contracting workforce that provided the resources and environment to deliver innovative and agile solutions for the warfighter. She supported Program Executive Officers on more than 300 programs valued at $4 billion.
1998 Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2011 Master of Public Administration, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, N.M.
2011 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Institute of Public Policy, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2021 Executive Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. May 2001- May 2003, Contract Manager, Dyess AFB, Texas
2. June 2003 - April 2004, Contract Negotiator, Hill AFB, Utah
3. May 2004 - June 2005, Contracting/Logistics Officer, Hill AFB, Utah
(January 2005 - June 2005, Contracting Officer, Office of Defense Representative Pakistan, U.S. Embassy, Islamabad, Pakistan)
4. July 2005 - January 2006, Contract Negotiator, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. February 2006 - May 2007, Flight Commander, Plans and Programs Flight, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. June 2007 - June 2008, Chief, Base & Tenant Support Flights, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. July 2008 - November 2008, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
8. December 2008 - May 2009, Executive Officer, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
9. June 2009 - May 2010, Officer in Charge, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
10. June 2010 - September 2010, Operations Officer, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
11. October 2010 - June 2011, Officer in Charge, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
(November 2010 - March 2011, Officer in Charge, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan)
12. July 2011 - July 2012, Commander, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
13. July 2012 - May 2013, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces in Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
14. May 2013 - June 2014, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, U.S. European Command, Supreme Allied Commander Europe, Supreme Headquarters Allied Power Europe, Belgium
15. July 2014 - December 2014, Legislative Liaison, U.S. Central Command Legislative Affairs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
16. January 2015 - December 2015, Defense Legislative Fellow, Secretary of the Air Force Legislative Liaison, Office of Senator Lisa Murkowski, Washington, D.C.
17. January 2016 - June 2018, Director of Contract Operations, Battle Management Directorate, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
18. July 2018 - June 2020, Commander, 673d Contracting Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
19. July 2020 - November 2020 Deputy Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
20. December 2020 - June 2022, Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
21. June 2022 - Present, Commander, 66th Air Base Group, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 13 - June 14, Aide-de-Camp to the Commander, United States European Command, Supreme Allied Commander Europe, SHAPE, Belgium, as a Major
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award Air Force
Outstanding Unit Award with 3 oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 2001
First Lieutenant May 30, 2003
Captain May 30, 2005
Major Jan. 1, 2011
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2015
Colonel Sept. 1, 2021
(Current as of June 2022)