Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
The Freedom of Information Act Program (DODR 5400.07) allows the general public, including foreign citizens, military and civilian personnel acting as private citizens, to request records electronically or in writing from the Federal Government. Requestors can seek contract related documentation as well as other records originating within the Hanscom Requester Service Center area of responsibility.
The following links have more information on the Department of Defense FOIA program including the DOD FOIA Handbook and the Department of the Air Force FOIA and compliance page: DOD FOIA Handbook and Department of the Air Force compliance page for FOIA
Information on the status of a FOIA request originating with our Request Service Center can be made by either telephone or via email at the RCS contact information listed at the top, right of the page.
The U.S. Air Force Electronic FOIA Library is the single site for Air Force FOIA Library records. The library contains documents that have been the subject of previous FOIA requests and appear to be of broad public interest.
A Privacy Act Request is one in which a United States citizen or legal permanent resident seeks records on herself/himself that are contained in a file retrievable by the individual's name or personal identifier. A Privacy Request must be submitted in writing via postal mail or fax.
66th Air Base Group
Communications and Information Division
20 Schilling Circle
Hanscom AFB, MA 01731-2800
Secondary Telephone: 781-225-0984
The Air Force has a FOIA Public Liaison office. For those dissatisfied with the response received from the Requester Service Center, individuals may contact the Air Force FOIA Public Liaison Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 703-614-8500.
- The request must include valid form of identification such as a copy of a photo ID or driver's license.
- Include your full name and current address so we may mail your response.
- Describe the record you are seeking in detail. Details may include information about the document; the specific "System of Records Notice," or SORN, including the "System ID" and "System Name," where the records can be found; and the time frame to be searched.
- As a resource, utilize the Defense Privacy and Civil Liberties Division SORN page https://dpcld.defense.gov/Privacy/SORNs/. Each SORN has a specific Record Access Procedure category; please include the detailed information from that section in your request.
- Only the individual to whom the record pertains can request the records.
- Sign your request. Your signature must be notarized or submitted via an unsworn declaration in accordance with 28 U.S.C. 1746, a law that permits statements to be made under penalty of perjury as a substitute for notarization.
- If you are executing the unsworn declaration within the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths, it must read as follows: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date). (Signature)."
- If you are executing the unsworn declaration outside the United States, it must read as follows: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date). (Signature)."
WHERE TO SEND A PA REQUEST
You can mail a request to the "HANSCOM FOIA/PA RSC" if the records pertain to Hanscom using the above address or sending a Privacy Act request to the Department of the Air Force at the below address:
Department of the Air Force
Freedom of Information and Privacy Act Office
1000 Air Force Pentagon
Washington, DC 20330-1000
Since Privacy Act requests must be signed, we cannot accept e-mail requests.
For more information, visit the United States Air Force Privacy Act Office home page or https://www.privacy.af.mil/Home/Welcome/.