Under Secretary of Defense Policy Guidance Issued June 2, 2021:
UPDATE: In responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Defense has demonstrated a commitment to ensuring the health and safety of all DOD personnel and beneficiaries and ensuring their continued access to healthcare and all authorized benefits. In view of the DoD's limited ability to return ID facilities to normal operations, while continuing to comply with local pandemic safety precautions, I am extending the temporary policy guidance at the reference for Uniformed Services ID (USID) cards that expired between Jan. 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021 only, through:
- Aug. 31, 2021 for all foreign affiliates and their dependents;
- Oct. 31, 2021 for dependents of active duty uniformed service members, and for Reserve and National Guard uniformed service members and their dependents.; and
- Jan. 31, 2022 for retirees and their dependents, and all other populations.
USID cards that expired before Jan. 1, 2020 or after July 31, 2021 have not been extended and will not be accepted.
The following previously promulgated policy guidance for USID card operations remains in effect:
- If a cardholder's affiliation is unchanged, USID cards that expired on or after Jan. 1, 2020 and or before July 31, 2021, are authorized for continued benefit use through the above dates.
- Termination of cardholder affiliation with the DoD or termination of benefit eligibility shall be verified electronically prior to confiscating and expired USID card with an expiration date on or after Jan. 31, 2020 and or before July 31, 2021
- Remote USID card renewals and reissuance shall be expanded.
- Remote family member enrollment/eligibility updates are authorized.
- Remote USID card initial issuance for first-time card issuance or replacement of a lost/stolen ID is authorized.
- The minimum age for initial USID card issuance has been increased from 10 to 14 years.
- Service-specific procedures for remote enrollment and ID card issuance are posted on www.CAC.mil/coronavirus, "DEERS Enrollment and USID Card Issuance During COVID-19."
The ID Card Office is open for all ID card services Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Walk-in only. No appointments at this time. For ID card questions, call 781-225-1324.
The 66th Force Support Squadron, Military Personnel Flight customer support office is located on the first floor of the Brown Building, Building 1305. Hours of operation for the ID card section are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For all other services, hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., The MPF is closed on federal holidays and Air Force Materiel Command Family Days.
Customers needing Common Access Cards, dependent and retiree identification cards should visit this office.