Voter Information

The Director, Federal Voting Assistance Program, administers the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, or UOCAVA on behalf of the Secretary of Defense. The UOCAVA requires that the states and territories allow certain U.S. citizens, as defined below, to register and vote absentee in elections for Federal office. These groups include:

·Members of the Uniformed Services (including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine)
·Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service, and Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
·Eligible family members of the above
·U.S. citizens employed by the Federal Government residing outside the U.S., and
·All other private U.S. citizens residing outside the U.S.

For additional information, visit

Installation Voter Assistance Office
The IVA Office can help you fill in and mail your voting materials if you need the assistance.

Contact voting assistance officers at: 10 Kirtland Street, Building 1240 Hanscom AFB, MA 01731. Phone: 781-225-2753 Email:

Air Force Total Force Service Center
For those unable to contact the Installation Voter Assistance office, 24-hour voting assistance is available from the Air Force TFSC at: DSN 665-0102, commercial 210-565-0102 or toll free at 800-525-0102.

Federal Voting Assistance Program
Personnel may access many voting-related questions and answers on the FVAP website at or call 800-438-VOTE.

(Updated November 2023)