HRA tool helps determine health education programs
By Civilian Health Promotion Services
/ Published August 17, 2017
HANSCOM AIR FORCE BASE, Mass -- The Health Risk Assessment is a multifaceted interactive tool that helps Civilian Health Promotion Services personnel determine what health education programs would best benefit the community at Hanscom.
The online assessment is available at www.afmcwellness.com and the information obtained is confidential.
CHPS officials care about the health of the Hanscom workforce and ask that personnel complete the questionnaire annually because a person’s health may change over time.
Department of Defense civilians and active duty Airmen can complete the HRA online by answering a series of health-related questions. When finished, participants will receive a confidential Personal Wellness Report designed to help understand potential lifestyle health risks, links with support information and an action plan to enhance healthy lifestyle behaviors.
Why complete the HRA?
• To help view prospects for future good health
• To provide a catalyst for health behavior change if needed
• To objectively monitor health over time
• To determine if ready to change certain behaviors
• To receive an HRA completion gift that can be picked up at the CHPS office in Building 1540
How to complete the HRA
• Step 1: Go to www.afmcwellness.com
• Step 2: Click on “Civilian wellness” or “Active Duty” wellness
• Step 3: Log on with your user ID and password; first time users click “Create Account”
• Step 4: Click “take the assessment now” and answer all of the questions. It takes approximately 10 minutes
• Step 5: Print a Personal Wellness certificate
• Bonus Step: Take the Personal Wellness Certificate to Hanscom’s CHPS office to claim free gift
For additional questions regarding the HRA, please contact Annmarie Pease at 781-225-6311 or email Hanscom.CHPS@us.af.mil.