CHPS hosts DOWNSIZED challenge
By Air Force Materiel Command Health & Wellness Team, Air Force Materiel Command
/ Published March 25, 2021
HANSCOM AIR FORCE BASE, Mass. – Civilian Health Promotion Services here invites federal civilians and active duty members to participate in the DOWNSIZED weight management challenge this spring.
The challenge, run by Air Force CHPS, encourages participants to strive for a healthy weight through nutrition, physical activity and lifestyle habits.
To participate in the DOWNSIZED challenge, personnel should:
- Enroll online at USAFwellness.com before April 11.
- Complete an initial weight measurement before April 11.
- Send self-measurements by email to CHPS.
- In-person weigh-ins with CHPS by appointment only.
- Track at least 800 minutes of physical activity from April 12 to June 6.
- Lose at least two percent of initial weight by final weight measurement.
- Complete final weight measurement from June 9 to 18.
- Submit final self-measurements to CHPS via email.
CHPS officials said participants will be eligible for a free gift.
For more information about the DOWNSIZED challenge, visit www.USAFwellness.com.
Personnel can contact Britni Bredeweg, Hanscom’s CHPS coordinator, at 781-225-6311 or at CHPSsupport@us.af.mil.
(Editor’s note: The 66th Air Base Group Public Affairs Office contributed to this article.)