Personal property claims to be processed through centralized location

  • Published
  • By Meredith March
  • 66th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
In a continuing effort to implement Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century, the Air Force Judge Advocate General's Corps is consolidating personal property claims processing.

Claims involving loss or damage of household goods and privately owned vehicles during shipment or storage at government expense, as well as loss or damage to personal property located in government quarters or other authorized locations incident to government service will now be filed online and processed through the Air Force Claims Service Center in Kettering, Ohio.

The newly centralized personal property claims process will enable Air Force employees to file claims online and electronically submit required documents directly to the AFCSC, said Tech. Sgt. Nicole Hampton, 66th Air Base Wing Judge Advocate General's Office claims and civil law noncommissioned officer in charge.

"The claims consolidation is beneficial, because people will now know exactly where to send their claims; everything will be processed from one central location, making payments available quicker and people can still receive assistance if they have questions," she said. The AFCSC will operate 24-hours per day.

Base employees may complete the claims process from home after calling the AFCSC's customer service line, (877) 754-1212, for a temporary access code, or from any government computer. The AFCSC will provide customer service both online and via telephone for employees completing their claims online, according to the AFCSC's public Web Site at

In addition, the 66 ABW Legal Office, located in building 1305, has a kiosk available to assist employees with scanning required documents, such as Defense Department Form 1840/1840R: "Joint Statement of Loss or Damage at Delivery/Notice of Loss and/or Damage," which will continue to be submitted to the base legal office, Sergeant Hampton said.

For more information or to file a claim, see the AFCSC's Web site, or call (877) 754-1212 for assistance.